Monday, August 2, 2010

This is it!

So here I am sitting drinking my morning coffee on what is suppose to be the hottest day of the year. What am I doing? I'm not too sure yet. I graduated 11 years ago from SMS with a computer programming degree. For 8 years after that I worked my tail off, 50 hours a week, at Hallmark Cards, Inc. (in Kansas City) in their Payroll department trying to fix any problems (and there were A LOT of problems) that came about. I was on-call at night most nights and was called many a times at 2:00am to fix critical Payroll problems. I'm married to my best friend, Kevin, and he works for J.E. Dunn Construction company. He too worked just as much as me if not more and has even bigger fires to fight at work than I did. Then 3 years ago he was offered a transfer to Springfield, MO - the town where we met and fell in love - and we jumped at the opportunity for a change of life. The move meant more money which meant I could STOP WORKING. What?? Me not work??? I'm still in shock that I haven't worked in 3 years. I'd worked ever since I was about 14 years old.
Oh yeah, I also have 2 beautiful children. The lights of my life. The reason I haven't worked in 3 years. I love love love my kids. Tyler is 9 and is about the nicest, sweetest, well mannered kid I know (and I'm not saying that because he's mine, it's just the truth :) Lindsey is 5 and is also sweet, nice and well mannered, but she comes with a little more Sassiness then her big
brother. I love every bit of her sassiness!!
Ok, so here I am about 2 weeks before Lindsey starts Kindergarten and I am experiencing this urge to work again. I've applied to be a substitute teacher at my kids school to get me thru this little transition from home to work, but what I really would like to do is Photography.
I took a few photography classes in High School and thought for sure I wanted to major in photography in college. But somewhere in the art classes that were required long before photography classes could begin, I lost interest. But now it's back. It's just what I really love to do. So I started a blog today. I don't really know why. I'm not a writer (as you can tell) but I want a place to put pictures to share and hopefully, one day, I'll be taking pictures for other people. I've got a lot to learn but I'm going to give it a go.
So thanks for stopping by, I hope to figure this blog out and post some pictures I've taken.

0 comments:

Post a Comment